This recipe was shared with me by a local lady, Pauline, who also makes these delicious Macadamia Nut Butters. I decided to showcase the recipe and promote her products, which are available at Sagewood. They come in three flavours – lightly salted, dark roasted and unsalted. All three can be substituted in this recipe. Super simple, give it a go!
Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons
Macadamia Nut Butter – 1 cup
Milklab Coconut Milk – 2 tablespoons
Raw Honey – ½ cup
Rolled Oats – ½ cup
Bicarb. Of Soda – 1 ½ teaspoons
Oryx Desert Salt – /8 teaspoon
Milklab Coconut Milk – 200ml
75% Dark Chocolate (Nova) – 200g
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Line a small baking tray – I used a stainless steel 190mm x 260mm x 40mm. Either grease it with coconut oil and line with parchment paper, or just give it a spray with cook and bake.
- Process the oats in a food processor or blender until very fine.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, stir in all of the ingredients. It’s that simple!
- Stir until well mixed. If the batter is very stiff, add a couple more tablespoons of coconut milk to soften it slightly.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared baking tin and spread evenly using the back of a tablespoon or spatula.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 15 minutes.
- The batter will double in height through the baking, forming slight cracks on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely for at least 30 minutes, or over night if you’re really wanting the best firm-yet-soft results.
- The flavour is actually sweeter the following day, if you can wait that long!
METHOD: Chocolate Ganache
- Place both equal measures of dark chocolate and coconut milk into a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Set on top of a gently simmering small pan / pot. Don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water – instead allow the steam to warm and melt the ingredients together for optimum results.
- Once all melted, then simply stir to combine and create the most delicious and silky dark chocolate ganache. The coconut milk just takes it to another level of flavour.
Vegan Recipes really bring out amazing flavours in ingredients. My experience with almost every single Vegan style recipe is always one of wonder and enjoyment, as you work with interesting natural ingredients that are super good for you. Try these brownies out – they’re pretty awesome and the ganache, well, just make it and you’ll see. Enjoy!