we'd love to hear from you
frequently asked questions
We currently deliver to the following suburbs and towns in the KZN Midlands: All suburbs within Pietermaritzburg, including Hayfields; Hilton; Ashburton; Howick; and Merrivale. This will evolve in future as our online enterprise grows.
We plan to establish weekly drop-off points in Wartburg, Nottingham Road, Balgowan and the Upper Highway Area. Please email us at email@example.com if this is something you’re interested in and / or have a drop-off location to suggest.
- Pietermaritzburg central and suburbs: R35
- Hayfields and Hilton: R55
- Ashburton, Howick and Merrivale: R80
We deliver Monday – Friday. Your order will be delivered within 24 – 48 hours, provided you order on a weekday and depending on what time you ordered:
- If you order on a Tuesday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Wednesday.
- If you order on a Tuesday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on Thursday.
- If you order on a Wednesday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Thursday.
- If you order on a Wednesday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on Friday.
- If you order on a Thursday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Friday.
- If you order on a Thursday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on Monday.
- If you order anytime on a Friday, your order will be delivered on Monday.
- If you order on a Saturday, Sunday or on a Monday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Tuesday.
- If you order on a Monday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on a Wednesday.
After you have placed your order online, you will receive order confirmation by email.
If you have chosen to pay by EFT, the confirmation email will contain our bank details. Your order will not be processed until you have sent proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you paid online via Zapper or PayFast, we will immediately begin processing your order.
Orders will be delivered 24 – 48 hours after being placed, depending on what day and what time you ordered.
Yes, you can collect your order from Sagewood Café. Choose this option when checking out. PLEASE NOTE: Currently products can be collected 24 hours after the order is placed. This gives us enough time to prepare the order.
We currently offer three methods of payment: At checkout you can choose to pay by electronic funds transfer directly into our bank account; you can pay with a credit or debit card via the secure and encrypted PayFast payment gateway or you can pay quickly and conveniently using Zapper.
If you choose to pay by EFT, we will send you our bank details during the checkout process. Your order will not be prepped or processed until you have emailed your proof of payment to email@example.com, using the order # number as payment reference.
PAYING BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
You can choose to pay for your order using a credit or debit card. Transactions are processed securely by PayFast, a leading South African payment provider.
Please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to change or add something to your order. Use the #order number as reference when contacting us.
Sagewood strives to provide the best possible service to its customers and has put the appropriate measures in place to ensure all its staff and suppliers are fully aware of, and comply with the Consumer Protection Act and Covid-19 Health and Safety protocols. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the requirements of the Consumer Protection Act and our returns policy is aligned therewith.
Perishables and Groceries
A customer’s electronically-generated order invoice is their guarantee.
Sagewood will gladly refund perishable goods should customers not be satisfied with the quality thereof, within the product’s Expiry date and if is in its original packaging. Please email us at email@example.com if you are disatisfied with your order.
Perishable items cannot be returned due to the fact that a customer had a change of mind in respect of the particular purchased item, this is due to public and food safety regulations.
We strive to provide an excellent user experience for customers who are using our website to purchase goods. We’d greatly appreciate your feedback so we can continue to improve the user experience of this online platform. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sagewood Café is committed to all the steps the Government has put in place to ensure compliance to hygiene and safety regulations for both our staff and communities.
Please note below the measures we have applied in line with Government’s COVID-19 readiness.
- Limited staff complement at all times, with no overlapping shifts or non-essential staff (to limit contact and encourage social distancing).
- All staff and drivers are screened for symptoms at the beginning of each shift and during operation (including temperature checking). Staff that record symptoms are isolated and immediately sent for follow up testing and, if necessary, further treatment and isolation.
- All staff on site will wear face masks at all times.
- Strict handwashing and sanitation routines enforced. All back of house staff wash every 20 minutes, as well as after every time they have touched raw and cooked foods, packaging, surfaces, and going to the wash room.
- Limited contact with delivery drivers – including not allowing delivery drivers into the shop without a face mask.
- No Contact Delivery protocols will be applied for all deliveries.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of our premises and delivery vehicles.