We currently deliver to the following Greater Pietermaritzburg suburbs: Pietermaritzburg Central, Northern suburbs, Hayfields, Hilton, Northdale, Scottsville and Mkondeni. This will evolve in future as our online enterprise grows.
We plan to establish weekly drop-off points in Wartburg, Nottingham Road, Balgowan and the Upper Highway Area. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is something you’re interested in and / or have a drop-off location to suggest.
collect from us
At checkout, you can also choose to collect your order from Sagewood Café. Choose this option if: you do not fall within our delivery zones, you would like to collect your order at a time that suits you, or your order is valued under R350. PLEASE NOTE: We no longer offer a delivery service on orders under R350. Collect from Sagewood Café, Monday – Sunday, anytime between 10am and 3pm at least 24 hours after placing your order.
We offer free delivery on orders over R500 to addresses in Pietermaritzburg (including Hayfields) and Hilton only.
- Pietermaritzburg central, Scottsville and northern suburbs: R65 (MINIMUM ORDER VALUE = R350)
- Hayfields and Hilton: R85 (MINIMUM ORDER VALUE = R350)
- Northdale and Mkondeni: R85 (MINIMUM ORDER VALUE = R550)
We deliver Monday – Friday. Your order will be delivered within 24 – 48 hours, provided you order on a weekday and depending on what time you ordered:
- If you order on a Tuesday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Wednesday.
- If you order on a Tuesday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on Thursday.
- If you order on a Wednesday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Thursday.
- If you order on a Wednesday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on Friday.
- If you order on a Thursday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Friday.
- If you order on a Thursday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on Monday.
- If you order anytime on a Friday, your order will be delivered on Monday.
- If you order on a Saturday, Sunday or on a Monday before 15:00, your order will be delivered on Tuesday.
- If you order on a Monday after 15:00, your order will be delivered on a Wednesday.
order and delivery notes
If you have any special requirements or would like your order delivered at a particular time (for example – delivered as a gift to someone), then please leave a note for us during checkout in the space provided. We will try our best to accommodate your requirements.
Methods of Payment
We currently offer three methods of payment: At checkout you can choose to pay by electronic funds transfer directly into our bank account; you can pay with a credit or debit card via the secure and encrypted PayFast payment gateway or you can pay quickly and conveniently using Zapper.
If you choose to pay by EFT, we will send you our bank details during the checkout process. Your order will not be prepped or processed until you have emailed your proof of payment to email@example.com.
Paying by credit or debit card
You can choose to pay for your order using a credit or debit card. Transactions are processed securely by PayFast, a leading South African payment provider.
returns and refunds
Sagewood strives to provide the best possible service to its customers and has put the appropriate measures in place to ensure all its staff and suppliers are fully aware of, and comply with the Consumer Protection Act and Covid-19 Health and Safety protocols. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the requirements of the Consumer Protection Act and our returns policy is aligned therewith.
Perishables and Groceries
A customer’s electronically-generated order invoice is their guarantee.
Sagewood will gladly refund perishable goods should customers not be satisfied with the quality thereof, within the product’s Expiry date and if is in its original packaging. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are disatisfied with your order.
Perishable items cannot be returned due to the fact that a customer had a change of mind in respect of the particular purchased item, this is due to public and food safety regulations.