CAKE FLOUR – 2 CUPS
BROWN SUGAR – ½ CUP
CINNAMON – 1 TEASPOON
BAKING POWDER – 2 TEASPOON
MUESLI – 1 CUP
MILK – 1 CUP
FREE RANGE EGG – 1 EGG
VEGETABLE OIL – ½ CUP
NATURAL YOGHURT – 3 TABLESPOONS
FUDGE – 100g / A GOOD CUP FULL BROKEN UP
PEANUT BUTTER – 3 LARGE TABLESPOONS
- Preheat your fan assisted oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Place the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Sift it, don’t sift it, the choice is yours. I always like to sift my flour and dry ingredients; it just aerates and loosens the dry ingredients well.
- Sprinkle over the sugar.
- Mix well using a slotted spoon.
- In a small jug, crack the egg; pour in the milk and the oil.
- Add the yoghurt and mix together using a whisk or fork.
- Break up the fudge as finely or roughly as you like and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the peanut butter and the liquid ingredients and mix together until all well combined.
- Use muffin paper cups. Give them a light spray of cook & bake.
- Gently spoon the muffin batter into the paper cups – about half full.
- Sprinkle the muesli / granola over the top.
- Put muffins into the oven and bake for about 20/25 minutes until golden brown.
- Insert a skewer and remove. If it comes out clean and hot, then your muffins are ready.
- Use the same basic recipe for any sweet muffins you’d like to create.