The Most Moreish, Tastiest, Easiest Snack Fritata Ever
This recipe is basically just eggs mixed into whatever seasonal ingredients you have lying around or feel like enjoying, it’s that versatile! Here’s a quick fix of a version I made earlier.
• Preheat oven to 180 / 200 °C
• For maximum flavours, start with frying up your bacon until crispy. Add the red onion and mushrooms.
• In a mixing bowl, toss the rest of the ingredients (excluding the eggs and half of the grated cheddar for now) together. Add the bacon, mushroom & onion mixture.
• In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Pour into the tossed ingredients.
• Season generously and mix it all up together, making sure the eggs completely saturate everything.
• Now you get to choose your baking vessel. Yes, you can bake in almost anything… think teacups, mugs, egg cups, roasting trays, muffin trays, enamel cups, plant pots! Basically anything that can handle an oven for about 15 minutes or so.
• Pour your mixture equally into your chosen cooking vessels, top with the remaining grated cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or so.
• Allow to cool and enjoy with a fresh garden salad or just on it’s own as a light snack.
• This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers and those funky things in the fridge that just confuse you
• Have fun!
I hope you enjoy making this delicious meal for family & friends……
~ Chef Gregg ~